One of the most effective skin care products for facial wrinkles is the chemical peel. Chemical peels provide deep exfoliation to strip away dead skin. The main active ingredients in our chemical peels are mild acids, and include:
- Glycolic Acid—a superficial peeling agent naturally derived from sugar cane, glycolic acid improves overall skin health, decreases facial wrinkles, and minimizes age spots and hyperpigmentation. It rejuvenates the skin’s surface by infusing alpha-hydroxy acids that stimulate collagen and elastin growth, accelerating the skin renewal process.
- Salicylic Acid—this acid loosens and removes cells, oils, and debris attached to the skin’s surface and embedded in the pores. Salicylic acid is oil-soluble, allowing it to penetrate sebum-filled follicles and pores. Like glycolic acid, it stimulates new skin cell production and increases collagen formation, resulting in marked improvement for acne-prone skin while reducing wrinkles, evening skin tone, and shrinking enlarged pores.
- Lactic Acid—a rapid, non-irritating exfoliant, lactic acid is ideal for more sensitive skin in cases where glycolic acid might be too intense. Lactic acid peels help eliminate germs and toxins and remove dead skin cells while maintaining a healthy pH balance. Collagen and elastin production is stimulated in the deeper layers of the skin, smoothing, tightening, and firming skin. Skin cell turnover on the surface is accelerated, giving users a more vibrant, youth-infused look.
- Mandelic Acid—This acid is derived from almonds. It is beneficial for skin types that have hyperpigmentation, Melasma, and age spots. This peel would be highly recommend to use on Fitzpatrick skin types 4-6. This treatment can be done every 3-4 weeks. We recommend using Hale’s other brightening products for better results.
- Tricloroacetic Acid: TCA has been considered a standard for chemical peeling agents for many years. It is a chemical cauterant, an agent that coagulates skin protein. Frosting will occur. This peel is not recommended for Fitzpatrick levels higher than III, as hyper-pigmentation may occur. You can layer this peel to add more effect. This treatment can be used every 4-5 weeks.
- Platinum Peel: Platinum peel is made of alpha and beta acids. In the Platinum Peel there is 7% salicylic, 7% Lactic, and 7% Reservatrol at 2.0pH. This peel is a nice rejuvenating peel. This peel may be used every 3-4 weeks.
- Jessner’s Peel: Jessner’s peels are a combination of Salicylic acid, Lactic acid, and Resorcinol. They are ideal for treating pigment irregularities, acne, photo damage and premature aging.
- Phytic Lightening: We have blended Phytic acid with Glycolic acid to create this peel. It is very effective in lightening and brightening the skin. Please go to our testimonials page to read about the results that can be achieved with this peel.
- Blended peels: We have a Salicylic-Mandelic acids blended peel as well as a Glycolic-Salicylic-Lactic acids. We have custom compounding capabilities also. Please see individual peel pages for strengths and pH levels available.
See our specific pages for our various chemical peels for more information and application directions: glycolic acid peel, salicylic acid peel, lactic acid peel, and the Jessner peel, our deep facial peel. And as always, feel free to contact us online or call our customer service experts at 800-951-7005 with any questions or to place an order. At Hale Cosmeceuticals, we’re always happy to help!