Start with the Basics
You can take control of your skin care with a few easy concepts!
Healthy skin is something that must be addressed from both outside and inside your body. As a complex organ, your skin is exposed to environmental irritants from without and damaging free radicals from within. It is also designed to regenerate constantly, so one-time beauty enhancements often have little to no long-term effect. Your everyday routine, however, makes a huge impact on the look and feel of your skin.
The best tips for healthy skin include:
- Avoid excessive sun exposure (hyperlink: https://www.halecosmeceuticals.com/sun) o Wear sunscreen where skin is exposed, and use a wide-brimmed hat when you anticipate being in direct sunlight.
- Watch your fluid intake.
- o Skin without adequate hydration wrinkles more easily and can lose elasticity and recovery ability.
- o Dehydration occurs when your water intake is lacking. Not drinking enough water is a leading cause of dehydration, which impacts all bodily systems, including your skin. Drinking at eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day is recommended for most adults (although it’s recommended you check with your doctor to determine the amount of water you should be drinking).
- Focus on fruits and veggies.
- o These foods have the highest concentration of natural antioxidant agents, known to fight the free radicals that can increase the signs of aging. There are lots of healthy, wholesome foods rich in antioxidants, including pomegranates, black beans, tomatoes, eggs, carrots, among many others.
- o Free radicals are molecules that cause damage on a cellular level. This accelerates the aging process, which can lead to the development of wrinkles well before they would appear naturally. Antioxidants combat damage caused by free radicals, thereby limiting the effects of aging.
- Take Steps To De-Stress o Stress (https://www.halecosmeceuticals.com/stress) can affect you in a multitude of ways, including by accelerating the aging process. Research shows that stress actually shortens DNA strands, which in turn weakens their stability.
- o This weakening contributes to premature aging, in addition to being linked to major illnesses and a shortened lifespan. There are lots of things you can do to lower stress day to day. Practicing yoga, meditation, and exercising regularly are all great ways to lower stress.
- Maintain a high quality skin care regimen. Use skin care products with trusted ingredients that are suited to your skin type, whether you have oily skin, dry skin or combination skin.