Preventing Sun Damage & Tips for Younger Looking Skin
Whether you are lying out on the beach or simply working out in the garden, your skin may be exposed to the sun’s harmful UV rays. It is important to protect yourself from these rays to prevent sun damage and its effects.
Effects of Sun Damage
Over the years, doctors have revealed that the sun’s rays have the potential to cause the following medical conditions:
- Premature aging (wrinkles, age spots, brown spots)
- Skin cancers (melanoma, non-melanoma)
- Eye damage (macular degeneration, blindness)
- Added complications to certain medical conditions (Lupus, autoimmune diseases)
- Medications can make individuals sun sensitive
To avoid the damaging effects of unprotected sun exposure and maintain younger-looking skin, it is important to take precautions when you know that you will be in the sun for long periods of time.
Methods of Sun Protection
Although the harmful effects of the sun are frightening, there are simple ways to avoid sun damage while continuing to enjoy the sun. Some of the simplest methods of protecting your skin include:
- Wearing Sun Screen: At Hale Cosmeceuticals, we offer two advanced sun protection products to help you avoid sun damage and achieve younger-looking skin. Our Surya SPF 35+ Sun Block is designed for everyday use to provide effective protection for your skin.
- Covering with Clothing: Clothing can always provide your skin some amount of protection based on its fabric. For complete protection, however, you should also apply our specially-formulated sunscreens underneath your clothes.
- Limiting Exposure: In general, the sun’s rays are most extreme between the hours of 10am and 3pm. Limiting your exposure during these times can significantly increase the health of your skin.
- Wearing Accessories: Accessories are not only fashionable—they’re functional, too! By wearing sunglasses with UVA and UVB protection as well as a wide-brimmed hat, you are greatly limiting the exposure of your eyes and the skin on your face and neck to the sun.
- Reapplying Sun Screen: Yes, we’ve already covered wearing sun screen, but one application is not enough for complete protection from sun damage throughout the day. You should reapply sun screen approximately every two hours unless you are swimming or heavily sweating. In these cases, it should be reapplied more often.
While these tips for younger looking and healthy skin may seem like common sense, many choose to ignore them. The resulting sun damage not only hurts the youthful look of your skin but can also cause serious medical conditions.
If you are interested in getting more information about Hale Cosmeceuticals’ advanced sun screens or any of our advanced skin care products, call 877-913-4893 to speak with our friendly customer service representatives! Contact us today!