We all want soft, kissable lips, but exposure to sun, wind, food, extreme temperatures and various other factors can take its toll. If your lips are dry, cracked, wrinkly or just dull, here are several tips to help you get them back into shape.
• Protect your lips from dry air and extreme temperatures by applying lip balm. Products containing petroleum jelly or beeswax prevent moisture loss caused by environmental conditions and exposure to irritating substances.
• Don’t let ultraviolet rays strip your lips of moisture or damage their delicate skin cells. Keep the sun’s rays away by using an SPF lip balm or lipstick. Remember to reapply it after eating, drinking and swimming.
• Stay hydrated. Increase the amount of water you drink to help keep your lips and the rest of your skin well-moisturized.
• Try to be aware of excessive lip-licking, which can promote dryness and chapped lips. Once your lips are chapped, it can be difficult to stop yourself from licking them. If your lip-licking habits become extreme or start to damage your lips, talk to your doctor.
• Exfoliate your lips once a week to remove dead outer skin flakes and encourage cell regeneration. Mix a teaspoon of brown sugar into a tablespoon of olive oil. Apply the mixture to your lips. Leave it on for a minute or so, and then rub it into your lips gently to loosen dead skin. Rinse your lips with cool water, and apply lip balm to lock in the moisture.
And most important? Use a great lip treatment. Stay-True Lips from Hale Cosmeceuticals contains ingredients designed to both hydrate delicate membranes and hold moisture in the lip area. The formula also includes lipids and folic acid to nourish lips and give them a more vibrant, healthy appearance. Apply it throughout the day, or wear it under your lipstick. With consistent self-care and help from the best lip products, your lips can stay kissable year-round.