The presence of brown spots, age spots, or blotchy skin is a major concern to women and men alike. There are a multitude of causes for uneven skin tone, some of which are easily remedied, and others of which are tougher to deal with. Fortunately, Hale Cosmeceuticals offers several products designed to clear up age spots and other unsightly skin tone issues.
The Causes of Uneven Skin Tone
The top causes for brown spots and other skin coloration issues are:
- Sun Exposure—UV radiation leads to an increase in melanin production, and is the number one cause of brown spots.
- Aging—Cellular renewal decreases as we age, as does melanocyte regulation (melanocytes are melanin-producing cells). With sun exposure, which cumulatively increases with age, melanocytes in more mature people can produce even greater amounts of melanin, leading to increased discoloration.
- Oily Skin—This can lead to an accumulation of dead skin cells on the surface of the skin, giving skin a blotchy appearance in places.
- Hormonal Imbalances—Common among pregnant women and women using hormonal birth control, hormonal imbalances can lead to melasma, a hyper-pigmentation condition. Hormonally-caused skin tone issues usually fade within a few months after giving birth or discontinuing hormonal birth control.
- Inflammation—Acne, scarring, shaving, and exposure to many skin products that contain harsh chemicals can all lead to an inflammatory response that can result in uneven skin tone.
- Poor Diet—Deficiencies in iron, calcium, and vitamins A, B, and E can all lead to skin discoloration and the appearance of age spots.
Age Spot Treatments
Hale Cosmeceuticals offers the following products that are specifically formulated to reduce uneven skin tone:
To order or for any question about any of our advanced skin care products, contact us today at 1-800-951-7005. We look forward to hearing from you!